Thursday, June 6, 2013

Pupcakes ... Happy 3rd birthday Khloe

This post is about 3 months late ... but I thought better late than never.  Khloe the pup turned 3 this year.  Time passes fast.


Seems like just yesterday I was taking home a little black and white pup home from the animal shelter.


This year is no exception from all the other birthdays.  Khloe the pup got toys, treats, and pup cake.


I wonder what goes though her head as we sing happy birthday to her.


Khloe the pup is always so serious when there is food involved.  It makes taking pictures so hard.


Oh how I love this fur ball.


I make her pup cake because in this economy it is hard to find a place that makes cakes for dogs anymore.  But with the internet and Pinterest it's not too hard finding a recipe.


Khloe the pup seems to really enjoy her pup cake.  Baking my own pup cakes also makes me feel good because I know what she is eating.


Not one crumb was left behind.  This recipe is a keeper and easy to make.

Peanut Butter Delight Pupcakes
Adapted from Sweet Pea's Kitchen

Ingredients:
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup honey
1 egg

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350F.  Line muffin cups with liners.
2.  Whisk together flour and baking soda.
3.  Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
4.  Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full or use ice cream scooper (makes about 6 pupcakes)
5.  Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. 

I love my fur baby and enjoy spoiling her.  

Knowing a dog's love is amazing!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment