Friday, June 24, 2011

Cheese-EE Artichoke French Bread


 For our Father's Day BBQ I knew I wanted to make something different than the over done rice pilaf or garlic bread.  What better to serve than a cheesy artichoke french bread.  I mean, what's classier than artichokes?  Okay maybe caviar.  But what am I, made of gold?

So this was kind of a bold move on my behalf because my mother in law loves bread but hates cheese.  So I was taking kind of a big risk making this bread.  But then, it Father's Day and not Mother's Day, right?  Good thing the bread was a hit otherwise I would of never heard the end of it that night.

Ingredient:
1 french bread
1/4 cup olive oil
1 can of artichokes in water, drained and chopped (14 ounce can)
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2.  Cut the french bread in half lengthwise and brush with olive oil
3.   Evenly distribute the garlic and artichoke hearts
4.  Top cheese
5.  Sprinkle bread crumbs on top
6.  Bake for 8 minutes, then heat the broiler and broil for 2 minutes

This bread is so yummy.  It can even be served as a appetizer.  Even the leftovers are yummy.  Now that says a lot.  Also for something that taste so yummy this bread is very easy to make.

Enjoy!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment