Thursday, June 9, 2011
Honey Soy Pepper Wings
I have always been a dark meat kind of girl when it came to my chicken. So naturally I love chicken wings. How can one not like dark meat? When cooked correctly the chicken meat is tender and juicy. My mom use to make chicken wings all the time when I was a girl. Mom always said chicken wings are the best because they are easy to cook and easy to serve. Oh I love my mom.
This is a super easy recipe for chicken wings. However it does require 12-24 hours to marinade.
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoon minced ginger
2 tablespoons ground black pepper
2 tablespoons siracha sauce (hot sauce or rooster sauce)
3 lbs wings
Sesame seeds and chopped green onions for garnish
1. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Dry wings and place in plastic bag. Pour marinade over wings. Cover and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
4. Arrange wings on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Raise oven temperature to 450 degrees and bake for 12-18 minutes, until the skin is brown and crispy.
6. Sprinkle with garnishes and serve!
These chicken wings are super yummy. The chicken wings are sweet with a kick. When they first came out of the oven the husband announced that he was not in the mood for chicken wings and ate a sandwich. What a fool! He sure missed out. However, 2 days later he decided to eat the left over chicken and realized that he sure missed out. Don't be a fool like my husband. Eat the chicken when it come out the oven. It is delicious!