Tuesday, June 28, 2011
1/2 lb ground turkey (combine with 1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch)
1 box extra firm tofu, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
2 inch piece of ginger, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 stalks green onions, diced
4 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon garlic chili
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 cup water
1 jalapeno, minced
1. Fry tofu in oil. Cook until firm. Set aside.
2. Saute ginger, garlic, and green onions until fragrant.
3. Add ground turkey and cook.
4. In a mixing cup, combine soy sauce, garlic chili, cornstarch, water, and jalapeno.
5. Add fried tofu to meat. Pour sauce over tofu and meat. Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
6. Serve with rice.
Now I used ground turkey instead of the traditional pork because ever since the husband had ACL surgery we have not worked out as much, but of course did not eat any less or healthier, so now we are getting back on track. So turkey is my way of making this dish healthier. This would taste much yummier with white rice but once again I served it with brown rice. All in all it's a pretty healthy dish without having to sacrifice too much on flavor. This dish is extremely easy to make. One of those even a college student could do it kind of recipe.