Monday, June 27, 2011

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie


What do I do when I finish my errands and the husband is not home?  Bake of course!  The husband is out with a friend and it's just me and a tired pup.  A tired pup is not normal in my house but since we just got home from a play date she is pretty pooped.  Plus she played outside at a dog park where it's hot.

So I decided to make a stab at making some mint chocolate chip cookies. 

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Sugar Cooking

Ingredients:
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup of sugar
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon mint extract
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven 350F
2.  Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda.  Set aside
3.  Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes)
4.  Slowly add the egg and mint extract.  Combine and scrape down sides of bowl.
5.  Add the flour mixture and beat until just combined.  (Do not over mix)
6.  Stir in semi chocolate chips.
7.  Use a small ice scooper or cookie scooper.  Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.  I used a whooping pie pan.  Bake for 9 minutes.  The cookies will seem under cooked but let them cool in the pan for about 5 minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.


These cookies came out thick and chewy.  Just the way I like my chocolate chip cookie.  I think next time I will try making these with peppermint extract instead of mint extract.  But since mint extract is all I had I had no choice.  The cookies came out pretty good, but I think peppermint extract would make them amazing.  Maybe even a hint of green food coloring next time.  Oh well.  

Enjoy!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment