Wednesday, June 22, 2011

White Choclate Pecan Banana Muffins

So I made these muffins awhile ago and they were so good but I did not get a chance to take a picture of it and got discouraged to blog about a recipe with no picture.  Oh and I took the muffins to a pot luck at cultivation therefore a angry husband.  Then there was the 2nd time I made them on memorial weekend.  However this time around I disappointed my husband again by taking them all to my parents.  I am really a pretty bad wife if you ask my husband.  Apparently he work up ate a muffin for breakfast and by the time he got home from work they were all gone. 


These muffins are awesome.  Really, they are scrumptious.  I am not sure if it is the amazing banana recipe or if it is the white chocolate but either way the recipe is a keeper.

Ingredients:
1 cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3 medium or 2 large very ripe bananas, mashed
2/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
2 large eggs 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped pecans

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.  Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray
3.  Mash bananas
4.  Add sugar to bananas and mix until well combined
5.  Add oil, eggs, and vanilla to banana mixture until well combined
6.  In a separate bowl whisk flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and spices
7.  Add flour to banana mixture until just incorporated.  DO NOT OVERMIX
8.  Mix in white chocolate chips and pecans
9.  Use a ice cream scoop and scoop into muffin pan
10.  Bake for 20 minutes 
11.  Allow muffins to cool in pan for about 5 minutes before transferring to cooking rack

If you are like my family ripe bananas are hard to come by.  But if you happen to have some this recipe is a must!

PS.  I need to find ripe bananas again to make up for giving away my husband's muffins twice now.

Enjoy!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment