Thursday, June 30, 2011
Crab Mac n Cheese
What's more grown up than crab mac n cheese?!? Okay I know mac n cheese is a kid item. But with a grown up ingredient such as crab there is no need to be ashamed of eating mac n cheese no more!
2 cups uncooked pasta
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons minced onion
4 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon paprika
2 cups milk
3 cups shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside
3. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add the onion and cook until tender.
4. Add flour, salt, dry mustard, and paprika. Mix well.
5. Stir in the milk and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
6. Add 2 cups of shredded cheese and stir until melted.
7. Toss in the pasta and crab meat. Pour into baking dish.
8. Sprinkle remaining cheese. Bake for about 30 minutes.
This dish is super yummy. The leftovers are just as yummy.