Friday, February 10, 2012

Better-than-sex Cake

Last weekend was a crazy weekend.  There was the Tzu Chi new year blessing event, meeting the brother in law's girlfriend for the first time, and last but not least Super Bowl Sunday.  Like I said, jammed packed!

The new year blessing was a success.  Around 200 people attended the event not including the volunteers that ran the event.  Thankfully I did not forget any of my sign language that I had to perform.  Man did I practice for that thing and am so glad it is over.  I am not artistic at all when it comes to artsy stuff like drawling and sign language.  But I survived!  Survived without embarrassing myself or my loved ones!

My mom was in charge of providing breakfast for the set up crew in the morning.  So what does she do?  She has me bake.  I am such a good daughter!  Actually not so good daughter cause the cake I decided to make was better-than-sex cake.  I found this recipe online and marked it as a must try.  I mean come on.  With a name like better-than-sex cake who wouldn't want to try it.  Of course I had to call it something else at Tzu Chi.  I guess better-than-kissing cake.

I ended up making this cake for Super Bowl Sunday too to bring to my cousin's party.  I think after hearing the name of the cake it makes people want to try it more.

Better-than-sex Cake

Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 box instant vanilla pudding (4oz)
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350F and grease a bundt pan
2.  Mix cake mix, vanilla pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil and water.  Mix well.
3.  Stir in chocolate chips.
4.  Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5.  Allow to cool in pan for about 15 minutes.  Turn cake out and let cool before eating.

This cake was amazing.  Super moist.  But I guess that is expected from a cake that has pudding mix and sour cream.  Oh and so easy to make!  I love semi-homemade recipes.  They are easy yet still have that homemade touch.

So is this cake better than sex?  Well know one said it wasn't.  Try it for yourself and let me know!

Keep on baking!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment