Monday, February 6, 2012

Oatmeal Banana Bread

I try to bring some baked goodies for every Tzu Chi event I go to.  Sometimes what I bring is healthy and sometimes not so healthy.  It all just depends on my mood and what is currently on the top of my "recipes to try" pile. 

I had a oatmeal banana bread recipe that I have not had a chance to try yet.  Perfect! 

I brought this bread to a meeting.  Judging by the empty plate I will say it was a hit.  This bread is perfect for the people who do not like things too sweet.


Oatmeal Banana Bread

Ingredients:
3 bananas, very ripe
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup wheat flour
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup raisins

Directions:
1.  Preheat the oven to 350F.
2.  Mix mashed bananas, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla extract.
3.  Mix four, oats, cinnamon, baking soda and stir until combined.  Add to banana mixture.
4.  Stir in raisins.
5.  Pour batter into a greased mini loaf pan.
6.  Bake for about 37 minutes.

You can add chocolate chips if you like but since I was going with the healthy theme I stuck with raisins.
My crazy pup and husband keep me quite busy.  These two seem to always be up to no good.  It's either playing fetch inside the house or jumping on furniture these two are always up to something.  What can a girl do?

Keep baking friends!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment