Monday, February 13, 2012

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

There is no better combination than peanut butter and chocolate.  I am pretty sure no one would disagree with me.  If you do ... YOU ARE INSANE!

Of course once again I have ripe bananas in my kitchen so of course I have to make something with bananas.  Of course my pup in laying in the sun in my kitchen waiting to be spoiled so I have to bring out the peanut butter.  So ... what does a girl do?  She makes peanut butter banana chocolate chip bread!


Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
Adapted from Lauren's Latest

Ingredients:
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1 egg
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 325F.
2.  Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, sugar, and brown sugar.
3.  Create a well in the center and pour in vegetable oil, peanut butter, egg, bananas, and vanilla extract.  Mix until just combined.
4.  Stir in chocolate chips.
5.  Grease a mini loaf pan.
6.  Divide evenly between loaf pans and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
7.  Cool 5 minutes in pan and remove to cooling racks.  Serve warm or at room temperature.

These were delish!   And since I used a ice cream scooper to scoop the batter into the pans my mini loafs were easy to break in half to share or double fist.  I need to make these more often.  Maybe next time I will sprinkle some oats on top to make it look healthier.  Muahahaha!

The pup got her spoon full of peanut butter so she is a happy camper and ready to play.  I swear she should do Kong ball commercials.  I for sure buy enough of those balls to keep the company in business. 

Keep baking and playing with your fur babies!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment