Thursday, February 23, 2012

Crab & Brie Stuffed Mushrooms

What to do on a Saturday night for dinner?  Well I made El Hubby and me some crab and brie stuffed mushrooms.  To be quite honest I did not to make dinner at all.  But since I was planning on feeding El Hubby clam chowder and sour dough bread I figured I better make something yummy to make up for my laziness.  So I busted out a crab and brie stuffed mushroom recipe that I have been meaning to try.
Crab & Brie Stuffed Mushrooms
Adapted from Pink Parsley 

Ingredients:
16 mushrooms
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup minced onion
1/4 cup cream cheese
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup brie, cubed rind removed
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1 cup lump crab meat

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.  Remove the stems from mushrooms, chop them finely, and set aside
3.  In a medium bowl, toss the mushroom caps with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then salt and pepper.  Arrange in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet, open side up.  Set bowl aside to use for the filling.
4.  In a medium skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.  Saute the onions and reserved mushroom stems until softened (about 3-4 minutes).  Remove from heat, stir in the cream cheese and transfer the mixture to the bowl.
5.  Mix in the lemon zest, parmesan cheese, brie, and panko bread crumbs.
6.  Lightly fold in the crab meat.
7.  Season with salt and pepper to taste
8.  Spoon the filling into the mushroom caps.  Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the mushrooms are browned and the filling is hot and bubbly.

This recipe is soooooooooo good.  No joke.  And since I was making it at home I can make however many I want.  I hate when you go out to eat and you only get like 1 or 2 stuffed mushrooms cause you have to share.  That is janky.  You should be able to eat as many as your heart desires.  Just put your running shoes on after wards and walk the pup to work it off.
Since I was a mean ole mom and didn't give the fur baby any crab she got to have a biscuit.  Of course she didn't bother to eat it until she was positive that there was not crab left.  

Cook up a storm friends cause summer is just around the corner.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment