Friday, February 24, 2012

Mini Turkey Sliders

Have you heard of Jeremy Lin?  Unless you have no TV, no internet access and no friends you KNOW of Jeremy Lin.  If you are NOT Asian ALL your Asian friends continuously post about Jeremy Lin on Facebook.  If you are Asian you probably have LINsanity. 

My family has LINsanity.  Oh it's bad.  I have cousins who post about Jeremy Lin on Facebook every hour when the game is on.  I have a aunt who is considering buying a bigger tv so "watching games can be more exciting".  My grandparents know who Jeremy Lin is.  I was informed yesterday by my husband that Nike LINsanity shirts have been ordered for us.  See?  At least we are NOT bandwagon-ers like "those" new Clipper fans cause of CP3.

So my father sends me a Facebook message asking if the husband and I will be watching the Knicks vs Heat game.  I answer yes and that he is welcome to come over and watch.  When I drove into my garage after work in my rear view mirror I see my mom's car come to a speeding stop in front of my house and my father running out to my front door.  My mom slowly gets out of the car and give me a look.  LINsanity!

So what is more appropriate for watching a game than sliders?  NOTHING!  Okay okay maybe I had some ground turkey in my fridge that I needed to cook.  


Mini Turkey Sliders
Adapted from I am a food blog

Ingredients:
1 package of ground turkey, about 1 pound
salt and pepper
onion, small & diced
olive oil
 Hawaiian rolls
butter
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tablespoon ketchup
1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard
4 slices of deli pickles, minced
pinch of garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper

Directions:
1.  Combine ground turkey, salt, pepper, diced onion and splash of olive oil in a bowl.  Use a ice cream scooper to make mini burger patties.
2.  Cut Hawaiian rolls in half and spread with butter. 
3.  Grill turkey patties and rolls
4.  Take mayonnaise, ketchup, yellow mustard, pickles, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper and mix well to make sauce. 
5.  Make sliders with grilled turkey patty, roll and spread with sauce. 

These mini burgers were delish!  Something about the Hawaiian bread that pulls it all together.  Ground turkey can be hard to season sometimes but I have found that a little onion helps with flavoring a lot.  And oh the sauce.  It was amazing!  I will for sure be making more the next time we have burgers. 

Me and my fur baby.  As you can tell I force her to do all kinds of things.  Such as take a picture with me.  Oh she lives such a hard life. 
Keep cooking friends and remember, summer is right around the corner!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment