Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Cookies

With my current cookie craze I decided to try to make a cookie using banana.  Why not?  I have used so many other ingredients.  Banana is yummy in cake and muffins so why not cookies?

Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Heather's Dish

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, soften
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3-4 ripe bananas, mashed well
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 375F.
2.  Whisk together flour, salt and baking soda.
3.  Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time and mix until smooth.  Add in vanilla and mashed bananas.  Add in dry ingredients and mix until just combined.  Fold in chocolate chips.
4.  Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before baking.  The batter will be wet, much like banana bread, and it will just spread if not chilled first.
5.  Spoon the dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.  Bake for 9 minutes until just slightly golden brown.
6.  Let cool before eating.

Okay.  So these cookies were not bad.  But they were not super duper fantastic.  These cookies were more like muffin tops.  Which for most people would be a good thing but I like muffin bottoms.  I like my cookies thick and chewy.  These were cakey and muffiny.  Blah!  Needless to say I will not be making more of these.

However, my parents loved these cookies.  They would.  Good grief!

Enjoy!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment