Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cup Cookies


I don't know what made me want to bake cookies with no AC but I did it.  Who knows what my problems is but I am sure my husband and my pup think I am insane.  It's been over 2 weeks and I still do not have a working AC.  It's suppose to be fixed this week.  I have been living in a house that runs anywhere between 90-93 degrees inside.  Pretty insane.  Oh and after the AC is all fixed I will be broke.  Ah it's Murphy's Law.  Just when I think I can start saving some money for a project something breaks and needs fixing.  Sad.  At least these oatmeal cookies were served at a cool place.  

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Adapted from Tracey's Culinary Adventures

Ingredients:
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups oats
2 1/2 cups peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 F.  Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2.  Whisk flours, baking soda and salt together. 
3.  Cream the butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes)
4.  Add eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla and beat until smooth. 
5.  With the mixer on low, add the dry mixture and beat just until incorporated.  Do not over mix!
6.  Mix in oats. 
7.  Mix in peanut butter cups into batter.
8.  Use a small cookie scoop to drop balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches between them. 
9.  Bake for 9 minutes.  
10. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. 

The husband has been secretly eating my peanut butter cups and replacing them waiting for me to use them in a cookie.  However, I never knew old people would like this cookie this much.  My grandparents seemed to really like these cookies and sweets are not even their thing.  Must be the oats.  My godmother loves sweets so of course she approved.  Hopefully the next time I use this recipe it will be a better temperature in my kitchen.  I think it effected how my cookies looked. 

Enjoy!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment