Thursday, July 14, 2011
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Cream together the peanut butter and butter until well mixed.
3. Beat in the egg and vanilla until blended.
4. In a separate bowl whisk baking powder, baking soda, and flour together.
5. Combine the dry and wet mixture until just combined. DO NO OVER MIX!
6. Stir in the semi sweet chocolate chips.
7. Freeze batter for 2 hours or over night.
8. Scoop out the batter onto whoopie pie pans or baking sheets. Bake for 9 minutes and let cook in pan.
I made these cookies for my husband's softball team to eat. These cookies were enjoyed by players and spectators. The cookies came out more crumbly than I would like in my cookie but no one else seemed to notice or care. But then with a combination like peanut butter and chocolate chip who can blame them.
I normally like my cookies soft and chewy so I am not sure I would make this recipe again. But then again I don't need to be eating anymore cookies.