Tuesday, May 10, 2011
So this year my uncle came up with this idea to combine birthdays since within 1 week span there are 3 birthdays to celebrate and Mother's Day. Since my uncle is always going on and on about how much he likes carrot cake and how Costco makes the best carrot cake I decided to make carrot cupcakes.
Seriously?!? Costco makes the best carrot cake? That is one weird man.
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup butter milk
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated carrots
1 can crushed pineapple (strain juice out)
1 cup coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Stiff all dry ingredients
3. Beat eggs, oil, buttermilk, sugar, vanilla extract. Add wet ingredients until combined. Do not over mix!
4. Mix in pineapples, carrots, coconut, and walnuts until combined.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes. Keep an eye on the cupcakes. (if you are baking a cake bake for about 55 minutes)
6. Cool in pan for about 10 minutes and then move them to a cooling rack.
7. Frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting!
This recipe makes 2 dozen cupcakes.
After taking a bite out of a carrot cupcake my uncle says to my mom, "don't eat a cupcake cause it's too sweet for you" then he continues to gobble up his cupcakes. Of course my mom yells "it's not too sweet! I told her to make these". Oh my crazy family! Gotta love them! The best part about baking things that people enjoy is that you don't have to try very hard to pawn off the extras.