Monday, May 9, 2011

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins


I am currently obsessed with bananas. I don't know what my deal is. However, the husband and I hardly ever have ripe bananas around because we eat them as snacks or before we workout. I sadly am the person who asks others for ripe bananas. I have even traded my mom green/yellow bananas for brown bananas. I know, I am insane. But there is just so many banana recipes out there and not enough ripe brown bananas.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
2 bananas, smashed
2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.

2. In a bowl hand mix sugar, oil, egg, milk, bananas, and peanut butter.

3. In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.

4. Combine wet mixture with dry mixture. Do not over mix.

5. Take half of chocolate chips and mix in with the batter. Decorate the other half on top of the batter.

6. Fill muffin pans. Bake for about 16 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.

These came out super tastey. Oh and the chocolate chips on top of the batter made the muffins look really good. This is a great snack with milk.

Enjoy!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment