Sunday, May 8, 2011
Simple Yummy Shortbread Cookies
I have been looking for a easy not too sweet cookie recipe for a long time. Coming from a Chinese background family members are always asking for a cookie that is not too sweet. Well I have finally found something to make the old Asian women happy. These shortbread cookies are not only easy to make but super yummy. Just sweet enough to satisfy the sweet craving.
1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees
2. Cream together butter and sugar.
3. Stir in the flour. You may have to use hands until it all come together.
4. Use 1 tablespoon scoop to measure out the correct amount and place into mini cupcake pan.
5. Press the shortbread into the pan to create a well for the jam when finished baking.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes.
7. When completely cooled place a teaspoon of your favorite jam in the center of the cookies and dust with powdered sugar.
Even my grandparents who are not a fan of dessert loved these. Ah finally!