Wednesday, May 11, 2011

MGD Honey Beer Bread


Okay so during football season my husband got a little crazy with the beer for tailgating. You see beer is easy to carry when it's in a box. So every time he would buy a new case to tailgate. However, there seems to always be a few left behind that we would bring back after the game. So now that football season is over I have a whole bunch of random beer. What is a girl to do? MAKE BEER BREAD! Muahahaha! Okay I might be a little crazy but honey beer bread is super yummy.

My parents have never had honey beer bread so since my mom and I decided to play hooky from work I make some honey beer bread and called her up to pick it up.

Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup wheat flour
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup honey
1 can of MGD (12oz can)
3 tablespoons melted butter

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a bread pan with generously with cooking spray.

2. In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.

3. Slowly pour the beer alternating with honey. Mix enough just so everything is incorporated. The less you mix the better. Don't worry about lumps.

4. Bake for 60 minutes. The top should be a nice brown color and tooth pick insert should come out nice and dry.

This bread is such a good snack. I know that sounds weird but once you have tried it you will understand what I mean. I am normally not a MGD kind of girl but this bread is good. My mom tried it and couldn't believe that it was made from beer. My dad called me that night and wanted to do what was really in the bread. BEER! He didn't believe me. But what else is new? That man never believe my cooking ability. Oh well. Snack on!

Enjoy!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment