Monday, May 9, 2011

Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole


Now I always need something sweet and something savory during brunch. I know I am weird. So no brunch would be complete without a breakfast casserole. After all, when you are entertaining what is easier than a casserole?

Ingredients:
1 package frozen hashbrowns
8 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup diced ham
1/4 cup diced green onions
1 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
Pappy's seasoning

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2. Mix egg with some Pappy's seasoning salt. I used about 2 shakes. Then I poured the eggs over the hashbrowns and mixed. Then flatten the hashbrowns into a 9x13 pan. Spraying the pan with some cooking spray is helpful for serving. I sprinkled a little bit more Pappy's seasoning. Bake for about 20 minutes or until hashbrowns are golden brown.

3. While hashbrowns are cooking dice up some ham.

4. Slice mushrooms.

5. Crack and beat remaining 7 eggs with milk. Then add mushrooms, ham, green onions, and cheese. Mix until combined.

6. Pour egg mixture on top of hashbrowns and bake for about 15-20 minutes. Slice in squares and serve.

This casserole hits the spot. I mean, who can complain about hashbrowns with ham and egg? I know I can't! Oh and this is just ask yummy as a leftover for lunch. The dish that just keeps on giving.

Enjoy!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment