Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies


I am one those those people who sleeps with their phone. No joke. You just never know. So when I woke up at 6:15am and check my Facebook someone had posted that it was national chocolate chip day (this was yesterday). Of course my first reaction is "WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME!" So of course this means I must bake chocolate chip cookies! All day at work all I could think about was chocolate chip cookies. So of course as soon as I got home I went straight to making cookies. Sorry workout you will have to wait. Sorry pup not walk today. It's cookie day!

Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted butter softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 package vanilla instant pudding mix (3.4 oz)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper

2. Using a mixer, beat together butter and sugars until creamy texture. Add in pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla extract.

3. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over mix! Stir in the chocolate chips.

4. Drop cookie dough with a cookie dough scooper onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 9 minutes or until slight golden and set. Remove cookies from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack and cook completely.

Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

These cookies are so good I don't even know how to describe them. There is something about adding pudding mix that makes the cookies super soft and moist. This recipe is not for people who like their cookies crisp. I normally don't have pudding mix in my pantry but after making these cookies that might change.

Enjoy!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment