Sunday, May 8, 2011
With the spring here ... and Costco selling trays of strawberries what could be better than strawberry muffins?
Since the holidays are special I try not to repeat dishes for brunch. So since for Christmas brunch I made blueberry muffins I decided to switch it up for Mother's Day with strawberry muffins. They turned out really yummy. This recipe is a keeper. The father in law liked them so much he asked if he could take some of the leftover home.
2 cups sliced strawberries
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups cooking oil
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl beat the 3 eggs until thick and lemon color.
3. In a separate bowl mash the strawberries. Add the sugar, mashed strawberries, and oil to the eggs and mix well.
4. In another large bowl sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, and salt.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the berry mixture and mix until just incorporated. Do not over mix.
6. Grease muffin pan.
7. Use ice cream scooper to fill muffin pans.
8. Bake for 22 minutes.
9. Cool for 10-15 minutes before removing bread from pans.
Tip: If the strawberries are too juicy, strain so muffins stay fluffy.
What is funny is I had bought blueberries with every intent to make blueberry muffins. Now what should I do with the blueberries?